Tuesday, July 22, 2014

When is going to be a good time to start?

http://www.amazon.com/How-Tortoise-Became-Fast-Achieve-ebook/dp/B00HHLW0US/ref=cm_cr_pr_product_top/178-3309292-1226528

This past year has been quite a whirlwind of activity and completed things on my "to-do" list.  Since writing down my goals, taking serious steps towards acting on them, and following through, quite a bit has changed for me:
  • I am now the author of two books "How the Tortoise Became Fast" & "Tommy the Tortoise's Wish for Speed"
  • I have gotten both books on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, and iTunes on my own.
  • I designed my own website at www.natemercer.com
  • Gone to multiple book signings that I have arranged for myself
  • I started a blog with a friend named "Movies & Manuscripts" that is getting hits internationally on a daily basis.
  • I have read 25 books so far this year (mainly for my blog).
  • I have changed out all of the exterior lights on my house on my own (no small feat).
  • I will have dug out by hand and am building a 13 x 23 foot patio complete with retaining walls and firepit.
  • I am 1/5 of the way towards my goal of losing 35 pounds.
  • I have twice beaten my personal best (since turning 30) in 5k's
  • I am working towards becoming a Certified Coach through ICF.
  • I have taken personal days off work to give presentations to veterans groups to help "Pay it Forward".
As I write this, I kind of surprised myself at the list - and this all has happened since January.

Am I writing this to brag?  Well, as the saying goes "It ain't bragging if you really did it." 

No, this post is more about what is possible when you spend just a little time with yourself, commit some things to paper, find the right people to coach you, and then (most importantly) take action.

I committed to quit letting life happen to me this year and make life happen for me instead.

If you haven't done it already, when is going to be a good time for you to start the same?
The Babe goes deep @ the Louisville Slugger Museum.  


Trust me, in the end when you list your accomplishments, you will wonder why you ever settled for less.

No comments:

Post a Comment