This past year has been quite a whirlwind of activity and completed things on my "to-do" list. Since writing down my goals, taking serious steps towards acting on them, and following through, quite a bit has changed for me:
- I am now the author of two books "How the Tortoise Became Fast" & "Tommy the Tortoise's Wish for Speed"
- I have gotten both books on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, Kobo, and iTunes on my own.
- I designed my own website at www.natemercer.com
- Gone to multiple book signings that I have arranged for myself
- I started a blog with a friend named "Movies & Manuscripts" that is getting hits internationally on a daily basis.
- I have read 25 books so far this year (mainly for my blog).
- I have changed out all of the exterior lights on my house on my own (no small feat).
- I will have dug out by hand and am building a 13 x 23 foot patio complete with retaining walls and firepit.
- I am 1/5 of the way towards my goal of losing 35 pounds.
- I have twice beaten my personal best (since turning 30) in 5k's
- I am working towards becoming a Certified Coach through ICF.
- I have taken personal days off work to give presentations to veterans groups to help "Pay it Forward".
Am I writing this to brag? Well, as the saying goes "It ain't bragging if you really did it."
No, this post is more about what is possible when you spend just a little time with yourself, commit some things to paper, find the right people to coach you, and then (most importantly) take action.
I committed to quit letting life happen to me this year and make life happen for me instead.
If you haven't done it already, when is going to be a good time for you to start the same?
|The Babe goes deep @ the Louisville Slugger Museum.|
Trust me, in the end when you list your accomplishments, you will wonder why you ever settled for less.